Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach offers free programs for cancer patients, their families and loved-ones. Our goal is to help as many cancer patients as possible recover from the physical and emotional effects of cancer. Our psychological support and educational programs are designed to address the loss of control, hopelessness and social isolation that cancer patients and their families often experience.
Award Winning Support
- CSCRB is now serving a record number of people: 1,800 in 2016 in over 18,000 visits, nearly a 13% increase over 2015. Our programs have jumped from 160 offered each month to over 200 for a total of 2,442 in 2016.
- The quality of our programs and strength of operations was reaffirmed in 2016 through a rigorous five-year quality assurance assessment conducted by our headquarters in Washington D.C. We were named an “Affiliate of Distinction”, the highest level awarded.
- In December 2016, CSCRB was named “Nonprofit of the Year” by the South Bay Chambers of Commerce, a coalition serving 17 Chambers of Commerce and over 60,000 businesses in Southern California.
- Earlier in the year, CSCRB participated in the national cancer awareness “Moonshot Initiative”, chaired by then-Vice President Joe Biden to eliminate cancer.
- In April 2017, CSCRB recognizes its 30th anniversary of providing psychosocial support and educational programs for those affected by a cancer diagnosis. Our program participants are able to receive our services immediately, without insurance delays or additional expense since all programs are offered at no charge, thanks to the generous philanthropic support we receive.
Certificate of Commendation (2017) in recognition of Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach’s 30th Anniversary • City of Redondo Beach Mayor Steve Aspel
Affiliate of Distinction Certificate (2016) • Cancer Support Community Headquarters
Non Profit of the Year Award (2016) • South Bay Association of Chambers of Commerce
Non Profit of the Year Recognition, County of Los Angeles (2016) • Supervisor Janice Hahn
Public Sector Agency of the Year Award (2016) • California State Senator Ben Allen
Public Sector Agency of the Year Recognition (2016) • Congressman Ted Liu
Public Sector Agency of the Year Recognition (2016) • Assemblymember Patrick O’Donnell
Outstanding Nonprofit Citizens of the Year Award (2014) • Los Angeles County Supervisor Don Knabe
Outstanding Nonprofit Organization (2014) • California State Board of Equalization