In your own words, share with us how cancer has touched your life, with your personal reflections and original insight. Your story! Your voice!
Who Can Participate
- Middle or high school students, ages 13-18 (18 year olds must still be attending high school), who have a family member or friend with cancer or have lost a family member or friend to cancer.
- Participants must reside in our service area. To view eligibility by zip code, click here.
- Have not placed in the top five in a previous year
- Only one entry per student is allowed
- Original work only, previously submitted essays will be disqualified
- All submissions must be written in Microsoft Word, Times New Roman or Calibri font only, 12 point font (bigger or smaller fonts will not be accepted), with one-inch margins
- No less than 750 words, with a two page maximum
- You must submit a completed Entry Form along with your essay to email@example.com
- Please Note: submissions become the property of the Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach and may be edited for clarity or space consideration, and displayed in printed publications and on www.cancersupportredondobeach.org.
All essays must be received electronically by
midnight on Sunday, November 11, 2018
Entries will go through two rounds of judging that includes judges who are educators, community members, cancer-care professionals, CSCRB corporate sponsors and South Bay politicians.
Judges’ decisions are final and will be announced January 2019. All contestants will be notified of the contest outcome.
For questions, please contact Jill Gray by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Teen Writing Contest” as the subject.
Check out our Kids Community & Teens Connect support programs.
Cancer Support Community Redondo Beach is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Tax ID #95-4076131