The Cancer Support Community provides a variety of means through which cancer patients can actively participate in their fight for recovery. One of the primary ways this can be achieved is through knowledge.
The Resource Library provides informational and educational resources on a variety of cancer-related topics. Inside this virtual library you will find suggested books, websites, and many other resources to assist you in your search for information.
The material and content contained in the Resource Library is for general information only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The Cancer Support Community does not endorse any medical product, treatment protocol or service or provide medical advice to patients, nor is it responsible for material you find on other sites. Users of this library should not rely exclusively on information provided as information about health care changes constantly. All specific medical questions should be discussed with your own health care provider.
Cancer Support Helpline
Whether you are newly diagnosed with cancer or a long-time cancer survivor or caring for someone with cancer, or a health care professional looking for resources, CSC’s TOLL-FREE Cancer Support Helpline is open Mon-Fri 9 am- 8 pm ET.
Please call 1-888-793-9355 and a CSC Call Counselor will be happy to assist you with any of the following concerns:
- Information about local, regional, or national resources
- Finding a Cancer Support Community program near you
- General information about the Cancer Support Community and its services (in-person, online and by phone)
- Help in talking about some of the emotional and social worries that cancer sometimes brings into our lives
- Information about, and assistance in, ordering Frankly Speaking educational materials
- Help finding a nearby support group, online support group or discussion group to connect with others
- Short-term cancer counseling and emotional support
- Open to Options™ treatment decision support counseling
- Make a donation to the Cancer Support Community
- Access to CancerSupportSource™ online distress screening program
- Live web chat available during call center hours – COMING SOON!
National Online Community
These 90-minute weekly groups are facilitated by specially trained professionals to manage the diverse interactions of an Online Support Group. We are proud to provide these real-time groups for those with cancer, caregivers and those dealing with bereavement. Enroll in a group and connect with other individuals who are going through similar experiences. In addition to the weekly meetings, each online group has its own discussion group available only to the members of that group to enable continuous discussions.